- You can get a personalized south Indian diet plan for weight loss within minutes using the Hint app.
- This plan helps you develop healthy eating habits, attain sustainable weight loss of up to 2 kgs per month and improves your fitness.
- Have a look at the do’s, don’ts, and general diet tips to support you in managing your weight.
- Please contact us if you have any questions that are not answered in the FAQs.
Get Early Access
Contact us at email@example.com or Whatsapp for early access and pricing details.
Is your body weight unhealthy?
Are you looking for a way to lose weight and keep it off for the long term?
If yes, then this diet plan will help you.
This is a weight loss diet plan with foods that are low in calories, saturated fat, sugar, and sodium and high in fiber, and protein. It helps lose body fat and retain muscle mass.
While following this simple and effective diet plan, you don’t need to buy expensive foods or supplement shakes.
No need for rigorous exercise to lose weight as it offers a healthy and safe workout plan as well.
You can lose up to 5 to 10% of your body weight in 3 months with the help of this plan.
If you follow this diet plan for at least three months you can build healthy eating habits that reduce your body fat, improve your fitness and help you achieve your ideal weight.
Using the Hint app, you can get this personalized weight loss plan instantly within minutes. Just download the Hint app and subscribe to the plan.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp for more details..
Here are the key benefits, plan duration, frequently asked questions, general tips, do’s and don’ts related to the weight loss diet plan.
- Helps develop healthy eating habits.
- Long-term use can lead to sustainable weight loss.
- Helps you achieve a healthy weight loss of up to 2 kgs per month.
- Improves your fitness and helps attain your ideal body weight.
This is a monthly subscription plan. You can renew it every month, for three months, or once a year.
Taking your dietary preferences into consideration we have the weight loss diet plan available in 3 different diet types, such as
1. Vegetarian diet plan for weight loss
This is a vegetarian diet plan containing plant-based foods and dairy products. It does not include egg, meat, fish, seafood, and other animal products.
2. Ovo vegetarian diet plan for weight loss
This diet plan includes vegetarian foods and various egg recipes. It does not include meat, fish, seafood, and other animal products.
3. Non-vegetarian diet plan for weight loss
This plan includes non-vegetarian foods such as meat, fish, seafood, and other animal products in addition to dairy products, eggs, and regular vegetarian foods.
- Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water with lemon and cinnamon. It increases the body's metabolism and helps you burn fat more efficiently.
- Indulge in regular physical activity early in the morning.
- Have your pre-workout meal 15 minutes before starting your exercise.
- A proper pre-workout meal is essential to fuel your body and increase your performance to achieve weight loss.
- Eat your breakfast within 30 minutes post your workout to refuel your body and replenish the energy stores.
- Eat breakfast along with recommended side dishes such as chutneys, sambar, or boiled egg to make it a balanced meal.
- Eat snacks between breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Drink buttermilk or tea along with your snacks.
- Include plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Track your water intake using the Hint app.
- Include sunflower and pumpkin seeds in your snacks. They are filled with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients that help in sustainable weight loss.
- Always eat raw vegetable salad 10 to 15 minutes before a major meal. It provides satiety and helps you prevent overeating.
- Avoiding large meals. So, follow the portion sizes included in your plan.
- Finish your dinner before 9 pm.
- Try to sleep before 11 pm every day. Lack of sleep slows your metabolism and prevents weight loss.
- Sleep for at least 7 to 8 hours daily.
- Log your food to track portion sizes and calorie intake.
- Use reminders to follow the regularity of meal timings.
- Try logging your food every day as it helps in making healthy choices.
- Track your activity regularly to understand your calorie burn.
- Reduce stress by practicing your hobbies such as gardening, music, reading books, painting, etc.
- Don't starve yourself by skipping meals. It doesn’t help you shed fat. Rather, you lose muscle which is important for metabolism.
- Avoid drinking tea or coffee on an empty stomach. It causes acidity.
- Avoid sweet fruits and fruit juices as a pre-workout meal. Only eat recommended fruits as a pre-workout meal.
- Do not skip your pre-workout meal.
- Avoid deep-fried or processed food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Do not skip your mid-morning and evening snacks. It leads to cravings and overeating in your next major meal.
- Don’t drink coffee or tea after 6 pm.
- Don't sit continuously for long hours as it decreases metabolism.
- Don't look for short-term or fad diets that can be unhealthy and ineffective long-term.
- Don't watch TV or talk on the phone while eating. You may overeat if you are distracted during your meal.
- Limit the number of times you eat out to once a week. Take your packed lunch to work.
General Weight Loss Tips
- Monitor your early morning weight once every week.
- Avoid checking your weight after meals.
- Measure your waist circumference once a month. Track your inch loss rather than weight loss.
- Keep logging meals to get insights into your calorie and nutrient intake.
- Choose a smaller size plate for serving your meals.
- The basic rule of losing weight is: to burn more calories than you consume.
- Chew your food well. It helps in better absorption and digestion of nutrients. It also makes you eat less.
- Avoid deep-fried foods as they will add extra calories, carbs, and fat to your diet.
- Avoid eating fatty cuts of meat and processed or frozen meat as they have high saturated fat. It will increase the risk of heart disease.
- Avoid full-fat dairy products as it increases the risk of heart diseases.
- Avoid fats that come from animal products and plant oils such as dalda, coconut oil, palm oil, lard, tallow, butter, margarine, and cheese.
- Avoid aerated and caffeinated drinks such as Pepsi, Coke, Fanta, Diet coke, and soda.
- Don’t drink coffee or tea more than twice a day.
- Limit the intake of vegetables like potatoes, sweet potato, yam, colocasia, arrowroot, and beetroot.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol, and alcoholic beverages.
- Pick some workout which you love like walking. Try to get at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.
- Eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight range. Losing 5% to 10% of your weight can make a huge difference.
- Avoid foods high in salt and preservatives as they cause water retention and increase weight.
- Reduce the salt intake to one teaspoon per day to avoid high blood pressure and related complications.
- Being consistent while following the plan helps in achieving desired results. Remember a healthy well-balanced diet gives healthy weight loss.
- To know more about weight loss tips, read our blog on how to lose weight.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
1. How do I know if I am overweight?
Individuals with a BMI of above 23 are considered overweight. For more details on BMI, ranges check our blog on obesity.
2. How do I know if I am obese?
Individuals with a BMI of above 25 are generally referred to as obese.
3. Can I have only fruits or salads or juices to lose weight?
Consuming only fruits or juices or salads daily for weight loss is an unbalanced diet. Such a diet causes muscle loss due to protein deficiency. It also leads to other micronutrient deficiencies and such weight loss is not sustainable.
4. Do I need to skip meals to lose weight?
No. Skipping meals increases cravings and leads to overeating, leading to weight gain.
5. Can you lose weight from fad diets?
Many fad diets promote quick weight loss without taking into consideration the nutrients your body needs. These weight loss plans rarely help you over the long haul and some can even cause health problems.
6. Is curd good for weight loss?
Yes. Curd is a low-carb and high-protein food. Probiotics present in curd help in improving metabolism, which makes it perfect for weight loss.
7. Is ragi good for weight loss?
Yes. Ragi is a great source of dietary fiber, complex carbs, and proteins that keep you satiated and aid in weight loss. Ragi dosa has been included in this weight loss diet plan as a healthy breakfast option.
8. Is semolina upma good for weight loss?
Yes. If prepared with less oil, semolina (sooji) upma can be a good protein source. Semolina is naturally low in fat and is a good weight loss option. It can be made healthier by adding vegetables to increase the fiber content, thus enhancing the weight loss process. Read our blog on the health benefits of upma for more details.
9. Is muesli good for weight loss?
Yes, muesli is good for weight loss. It is low in saturated fat, and high in fiber. It provides satiety thereby aiding your weight loss journey.
10. Is idli good for weight loss?
Yes. Idli is a low-calorie recipe that contains a good amount of dietary fiber and protein. Hence eating idli is good for weight loss. Eating idli along with healthy fats makes it a balanced meal. You can eat idli for breakfast or as part of lunch or dinner.
Homemade soft idlis are easy to chew and you may tend to overeat them if you are not counting your calories. And such overeating results in excess calorie intake and weight gain.
It can be made healthier by giving a variety of spins from vegetables stuffed idlis, to oats, to ragi to millet. Read our blog on the health benefits of idli for more details.
11. Is dalia good for weight loss?
Yes. Dalia upma is a good source of dietary fiber, protein, alpha-carotene, lutein, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, biotin, and an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin D, beta carotene, manganese, vitamin E. It helps lower blood sugar levels and aids in weight loss.
12. Is dosa good for weight loss?
If consumed moderately and as a replacement for main meals, dosa could help in weight loss. However, you do not feel full after eating dosa and this could lead to overeating. And such overeating results in excess calorie intake and weight gain. Read our blog health benefits of dosa for more details.
13. Which is the best tea for weight loss?
Green tea is one of the most well-known, most effective teas for weight loss, and is linked with many health benefits. Many such teas have been included in this diet plan.
14. Is puffed rice good for weight loss?
Yes. Puffed rice is a good source of complex carbohydrates. It is low in calories and fat. It aids digestion, improves metabolism, and is excellent for weight loss.
15. Is poha good for weight loss?
Yes. Poha is low in calories. It can be made healthier by adding vegetables to increase the fiber content, thus enhancing the weight loss process. Read our blog health benefits of poha for more details.
16. Are cornflakes good for weight loss?
No. Commercial or processed foods are loaded with a high amount of sugar, thus making them unhealthy.
17. Is ghee good for weight loss?
Yes. Ghee is a good source of omega fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins which aid in weight loss. Do not eat more than one to two teaspoons of ghee per day.
18. Is Maggi good for weight loss?
Maggi is not the best food to eat for weight loss as it is loaded with carbs and fats without providing any protein or other nutrients. Read our blog on Maggi Calories, Nutrition Facts & Health Benefits for more details.
19. Is dark chocolate good for weight loss?
No. Commercially available dark chocolate is loaded with saturated fat and sugar. Even though it reduces cravings, we do not recommend dark chocolate for weight loss.
20. Is cumin water good for weight loss?
Cumin or jeera water is an effective weight loss remedy. It helps in losing belly fat.
21. Which type of oats is best for weight loss?
Steel-cut or rolled oats are better as they contain a high amount of fiber.
22. Is paneer good for weight loss?
Yes. Although paneer contains high amounts of fat it is a good source of protein. Eating foods rich in protein increases satiety and aids in weight loss. For more details read our blog on the health benefits of paneer.
23. Is cheese good for weight loss?
No. Though cheese is also an excellent source of protein, calcium, and several other nutrients it is also high in fat, sodium, and calories. We do not recommend cheese or recipes with cheese for weight loss.
24. Which dry fruits are good for weight loss?
Dry fruits can boost metabolism, which helps lose weight. One can include almonds, walnuts, pista, brazil nuts, and hazelnuts. Do not eat more than 10 grams of dry fruits as eating more can lead to weight gain.
25. Is buttermilk good for weight loss?
Yes. Buttermilk is low in calories and fat making it an ideal drink for people who want to lose weight. As mentioned in the plan, drink buttermilk daily along with a mid-morning snack.
26. Are sprouts good for weight loss?
Yes. Sprouts are a good source of protein and fiber. It is low in calories. They provide satiety and reduce appetite, which is beneficial in losing weight.
27. What is the best detox drink for weight loss?
Detox drinks help to eliminate toxins from the body, which boosts the immune system, and also facilitates weight loss. Check out the recipes section on how to prepare a detox drink.
28. Is makhana good for weight loss?
Yes. It helps in weight loss if consumed in moderate quantities. Makhana is a good source of vitamin A, niacin, vitamin B5, calcium, iron, and an excellent source of potassium, protein, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and manganese. It even helps strengthen muscles and boost immunity.
29. Is jaggery good for weight loss?
No. Jaggery is a healthy sugar substitute but not good for weight loss. It has a high glycemic index like sugar, if taken regularly it will increase your weight.
30. Is brown rice good for weight loss?
Yes. Brown rice contains dietary fiber. It provides satiety and helps in weight loss. It is also a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, copper, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, and an excellent source of manganese. For significant health benefits, regularly eat brown rice instead of white rice.
31. Is brown bread good for weight loss?
Brown bread is a good source of dietary fiber and protein. Eating brown bread along with healthy fats and high protein foods helps lose weight. To learn more read our blog on the health benefits of brown bread.
32. Are millets good for weight loss?
Millets are a good source of fiber, and protein and are low in calories thereby aiding weight loss. Millet in the form of jowar roti, ragi idli, and ragi dosa has been included in this diet plan.
33. Which fruits are good for weight loss?
Please eat the fruits recommended in this diet plan for weight loss.
34. Is popcorn good for weight loss?
Popcorn without added salt and fat is good for weight loss. It is high in fiber and low in calories, fat, and sugar. It provides satiety and aids in weight loss. Commercial popcorn with high-added salt and fats is not recommended for weight loss. Please check the label before you eat.
35. Which vegetables are good for weight loss?
Please eat the vegetables recommended in this diet plan for weight loss.
36. Do pills for weight loss work?
No. Most of those pills don’t work and may lead to serious complications. These pills suppress the appetite and reduce the body's ability to absorb nutrients leading to nutrient deficiencies.
37. Is apple cider vinegar good for weight loss?
Apple cider vinegar with some lukewarm water can promote faster weight loss and accelerate fat burning. If you experience indigestion or reflux symptoms avoid taking it on an empty stomach.
38. What is the best exercise for weight loss?
Walking is one of the best exercises for weight loss. Jogging, running, cycling, weight training, swimming, yoga, and pilates also help in weight loss.
39. Are chia seeds good for weight loss?
Yes. Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, both of which have been shown to aid weight loss.
40. Does yoga help in weight loss?
Power yoga, hatha yoga, and surya namaskar help in burning calories. They increase muscle mass and aid in fat loss. They also help in managing stress, improving mood, and curbing emotional eating. Pranayama may not directly help burn calories and aid in the weight loss process.